about 2

Our Story

In 1933, John Barga started Versailles Oil & Gas located on the north side of West Main Street between the former Versailles Grain Company and the Buckeye Overall Plant.  John's son, Robert, better known as Gus, purchased the business in 1957.  In 1971, Gus and wifeNorma moved the business to the corner of 185 and 121.  For decades Gus's was a popular lunchtime destination for high school students.  It was a rite of passage to cross the street for a candy bar and a can of pop at lunch.

The business operated as a gas station until 1995, then completely moved toward auto repair until closing in 2017.  Withe the vision of new owners, Scott & Cathy (Collins) Peters and Brian & Tammy Collins, the property has taken its new life as a coffee, creamery, and cafe.  Siblings, Brian and Cathy, are no strangers to the food business.  They were raised in the grocery business by parents Ed & Phyllis Collins who operated Collins' Super Valu for more than 30 years.

Meet the Team

Maybe we'll post staff images.  Still under construction for now.

Scott & Cathy

Co-Owners

Include a short bio with an interesting fact about the person.

Needs Updated

Co-Owners

Include a short bio with an interesting fact about the person.

Needs Updated

Manager

Include a short bio with an interesting fact about the person.

Are you next!

We are looking for friendly, dedicated employees to fill part-time day and evening positions.